Monday, March 31, 2008

Life As One

I'm kinda glad I finally remembered the password to this thing, though it wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world to have one less excuse to not be on the internet.

The Chicago/Madison MC bachelor party trip was this past weekend. I had a pretty good time, I wish I could've seen more of my Chicago friends but there was just too much going on and too much to do. The drive up was slightly uncomfortable due to 5 grown dudes being packed into a Hyundai Sonata, but it wasn't too bad. Inexplicably, we forgot to drink on the way up and I'm sure Dwight Eisenhower is rolling in his grave since we made such terrible use of his creation. That's pretty much the best thing about the US Interstate system. Eaaaaasy drinkability. We were heading up there to see Punch In The Face and the Repos, and managed to catch some other stuff at the same time. Punch In The Face is probably my favorite Chicago band, and they're one of the few latter-day punk/HC bands that still get me hyped up. At the shows I did the retard shuffle where I just walk around back and forth in lieu of having to talk to people. I've discovered (not so recently, either) that I really don't enjoy the whole buddy-buddy community group hug that goes on at shows and that there's only about 7 or 8 people that I'm actually interested in talking to. I'll get surprised sometimes but it isn't that often. I'm not sure if this makes me an asshole or not but I don't really care either way. I did realize that there are a lot of people in Chicago that I kind of miss, too numerous and time consuming to list*. I just wish I could tolerate living there. I also came to the conclusion that Farn's sister is really cute even though she's might be only 18 or 19. Awesome. She also seems to have somewhat decent taste in music, probably better than her brother. Sorry Jim, these things happen. Sara had a pretty decent looking friend too, despite her bloody nose. I felt bad for Aaron who not only barely knew anybody but didn't even like any of the bands. He was a good sport the whole time and I commend him, since I probably would have been Captain Mopes or worse had it been me. Somehow the Colorado dudes (Mike, Mark and Travis) labeled the group the "East Bound Dong Squad", and Travis thusly drew absurd penises (penii?) at every gas station and restaurant bathroom we stopped at. The man has skills, and I'm sure the denizens of Boystown will enjoy his artwork in the Chipotle bathroom at Broadway and Belmont. A "big dick eating a burrito" seems appropriate, or as appropriate as you can get given the situation. Aaron and I rode back to St. Louis with Nick 217 and Diaz, and nothing really notable happened other than Diaz shoplifting sunglasses and offending Nick's code of ethics by attempting to play Skrewdriver on my iPod. Quality dudes. I was glad to sleep in my own bed at the end.


* coming soon. my head hurts. fuck you.

No comments: